Monday, August 19, 2013

8.19.2013


Sooooo….once again I fail at weekly updates.  I’m not ready to give up yet.  I’m stubborn.  Really stubborn.  Like, it took me 10 years to graduate from college, stubborn.  Anyhoo, this weekend was busy, well at least it felt busy although thinking back on it I feel like we were mostly homebodies.  I tell you, there is nothing like the “mirror” that is having children.  I always thought we were homebody-ish but now having this 7 year old around that grumbles with every outing and cannot stand the idea of putting on shorts in order to go outside, I realize what big’ol homebodies we really are. 

This past week was the last week of summer.  Henry and Georgia spent their days with Gigi and Grandpa, like usual.  The week before, the one that is missing from my attempts to update weekly, well that week Gigi and Grandpa were in Colorado.  Which, I feel, explains why it was that I was not able to update the blog, I mean I was chasing these kids around all day long.  I had no energy for cute photos and long explanations of our daily activities.  My blog post would have looked something like “HELP ME”, which isn’t very interesting.  So see, I skipped the post for your sake. So anyway, last week, while my parents were out of town, Henry and I decided that we were going to paint the living room.  It’s slightly hilarious that we thought we could do this.  We figured we’d tackle one room at a time while G napped.  In a week we were able to paint one wall.  I learned some things.  1. 100+ year old walls are not flat.  2. 7 year olds aren’t great painters.  They are prone to distraction and mostly just want to use the roller on their hands.  3.  I hate washing out brushes and rollers and my husband will only do it for me some of the time. 4. My job is way easier than keeping up with my children 5. Henry can talk some serious trash when playing Mario Cart. 6. It’s impossible to keep my house clean, I will stop trying.  7. Georgia and Henry love Chai Tea Lattes. 

A question: do we have to buy the Crayola brand markers or is the Target brand okay?  Because I was digging through those bins looking for Crayola, original, wide tip, not washable, markers and hanging right by my head was a perfect little line of Target brand.  All the while Georgia was yelling “Buy it” “Get it Mama” “Jaja want it” as she unloaded an entire shelf of lunch boxes in to the cart. 

Once again I’m off track.  But that’s fine, the trip to Target for school supplies was pretty much all I can remember from two weeks ago anyway.  I may have blocked it.  This past week was nice.  The weather is amazing.  Unfortunately, we are not the only creatures that are enjoying it.  The mosquitoes are out with a vengeance and our children are mosquito candy, it seems.  So we locked ourselves in and enjoyed the breeze through screened windows.  Blah.  On Thursday the family got together to celebrate my birthday.  The people are Free State were smart and put us alone in the back room.  Kelly surprised us with cupcakes.  Georgia surprised us by throwing her rice (which was actually only surprising to the waiter, sorry man, we left you a good tip though).  On Friday Henry and I made another attempt to paint the living room.  We completed wall #2.  Slow and steady.  On Saturday G and I got up early and went to breakfast with Kelly and Cooper at Roost.  We overate and then went to the farmers market and overspent.  It was fun.  All the while, Henry and Wade went to Dunkin Donuts and then sat around watching cartoons.  In the afternoon Wade and I got on some coffee induced cleaning kick and we cleared out a ton of baby stuff (you’re welcome, Mom).  I thought I’d be sad letting those things go but I wasn’t really.  The week before knocked out any desires I had for a third child.  J  On Sunday we did more cleaning, shopping, drinking of coffee and whatnot.  We played some and we cooked some.  It was a nice relaxing day and Henry only had to put on his shorts once. 

That's all I've got.  I'll add some photos and pretty it up for you this evening (sure I will....). 

No comments: