Wednesday, August 07, 2013

8.7.2013

Our friends, Jason and Mandy, came to visit a couple of weeks ago.  It's hard to put in to words what they mean to us.  Being with them is just so good.  Anyway, one day at dinner they mentioned that they enjoyed the blog.  I felt a little bad since I have been terrible at keeping up with this blog since Georgia arrived (and decided not to sleep for, well, for 20 months and counting). It's mostly a time management thing but there is also the thing about effectively communicating while only getting 4 hours of sleep, see I don't...effectively communicate on 4 hours of sleep.  My coworkers will tell you: I space off mid sentence, start stories in the middle, forget that I have already told them something minutes after I tell them.  It's pretty nuts.  I plan to revive the blog, I want to, but I think I'll focus on shorter stories and photos for a while.  Just until she starts sleeping.  She has to sleep someday...right?
So today is my birthday.  I'm not thrilled about turning 36, it's bothering me more than it should, so I made my list and am determined to change my attitude.  Here it is.  36 things to do in my 36th year-

This year I will -
  1. Learn to use my fancy camera
  2. Visit my sisters
  3. Swim in the ocean
  4. Read 50 books
  5. Save money
  6. Catch fireflies
  7. Start a new tradition
  8. Make a Christmas Stocking for Wade
  9. Send each of my sisters a “just because” gift
  10. Focus on the good
  11. Art journal/photo every day
  12. Exercise daily
  13. Play more, clean less
  14. Be kind
  15. Stop worrying about things I cannot control
  16. Have a big birthday party for Henry
  17. Make Christmas gifts
  18. Go vegetarian
  19. Take Henry to see the mountains
  20. Lay in a hammock
  21. Have a family photo session
  22. Have weekly movie nights
  23. Remember birthday’s and anniversaries
  24. Paint the living room
  25. Send thank you notes
  26. Take walks with my husband
  27. Wear a skirted bathing suit with pride
  28. Plant and pick berries
  29. Paint until I make something that I’m proud of
  30. Talk less, listen more
  31. Fill my house with fresh flowers
  32. Play with my children every day
  33. Sleep in a tent
  34. Keep up with the blog
  35. Nurture friendships
  36. Kiss the hubs

No comments: