Sunday, October 03, 2010

Weekly Update 10.04.10

I thought that the end of wedding season for the Kelly's would mean easy, relaxing weekends but boy was I wrong. This week and weekend have been crazy busy, and sadly not in a fun way. I have been at work every day for 3 weeks straight. I have been taking work home to do it in the evenings as well. How do I do my school work when I am spending all my free time doing my work, you wonder? Well the answer is, I don't. So now I am feeling behind at school and at work. Plus I have this great kid that I don't get to hang out with. Bummer.

On Friday I picked Henry up from school and had to chuckle at the group of boys lined up along the railing of the tree house. They just looked like trouble up there. I tried to take a picture but they are just too fast. I was able to take a photo with my phone on my walk to school. Those honeysuckle bushes smell so good. On Friday, after dinner, we packed up a few cupcakes and rode our bikes to the Train Park, which is the perfect park for a game of soccer. We ran around until it got so dark that we couldn't see the ball and then rode home eating our treats. It got chilly quick and has been cool all weekend. Wonderfully cool.

I worked all day on Saturday, which means that there is not photographic evidence of what they boys were up to. I hear there were bike rides and soccer games, and I got to sleep in the incredible fort that they built.

Since I was gone all day Saturday, Sunday become sort of a make up day. We cleaned, we shopped, we had a lazy morning. Henry learned how to spin a top. The first thing he said on Sunday morning was, "Can we see Gigi today? I miss her." I missed her too. We hadn't spoken to each other on Friday or Saturday, which is unheard of for us. So Henry and I called her while we ate our waffles and made a plan to stop by in the afternoon. When we got there Henry hopped on his scooter and we went for a walk and then came home to play ladders. Henry is still learning how to be a good sport. There were a few mini tantrums when his score was the lower score. But he is learning. I took some pictures of him playing with Gigi.

I know the coming week will be busy. We have school and work, like always, but we also have the Fall Fundraiser for LCNS over the weekend, which should be fun. Hope your week is excellent.

No comments: