Monday, February 03, 2014

January recap: Mostly Laurie stuff

Has anyone seen January?  If you see her, could you tell her that I missed her.  Like, seriously, where did that month go?  So I think I mentioned earlier that I am going to try to merge this blog with my personal blog, which I know doesn't make for great reading if you're here to check on the babies, but you can skip this post.  I will make sure it's clear which posts are just my general blabber about myself and which posts are just my general blabber about the babies.

About me-
I'm not sure if I mentioned my goals for 2014 are for each month - 
1-Make something
2- finish something
3-do something that scares me
4-take something off of my procrastination list
5-organize something
6- have an adventure
7-do something special with Henry, Georgia and Wade (separately if possible) 
8-spend time with friends. 

1- I made a piece of art for the wall in our living room.  It was a project Henry and I did together and I like it.  It's probably a little weird and I'm sure it's not everyone's taste, but I am discovering my aesthetic and I'm excited about it.  I think I like the mix of fabric and nature.  Bright colors, weaving, a mix of hard and soft. I am so lucky to be married to a super talented artist that still loves my super crafty, amateur hour art projects. 2- Over a year ago I purchased cardboard GEORGIA letters to put on the wall in the kids room.  Henry and I started painting them and then they got stacked on a shelf, half finished.  I pulled them off the shelf this week, finished painting them and hung them on G's wall.  It's funny when you live in a small house, how nice it is to take something off of the shelf and put it on the wall.  That shelf space is precious. 
3-Oh man, I really nailed it on this one this month.  I started going to the gym. Sure I didn't start until the 31st and that was only after my sister asked me 10 times if I had signed up yet (thank goodness for her, without that pressure I don't know if I would have mustered up the courage to do it), but those facts are not important here.  What I'm focusing on is the fact that in January of 2014 I committed to and actually started going to the gym on a daily basis.  I've gone every day since the 31st.  That's 4 days more than I went in 2011, 2012 and 2013.  Yay me!  
4-Baptism!  That was big on my procrastination list.  I don't know why either because it turned out to me one of my favorite moments of January.  Tender and sweet and just all around lovely.  I love that we did that for our babies. 
5-I cleared out 3 bags of clothes and trash from our bedroom.  One bedroom.  Just my stuff.  Ridiculous. 
6-This one was a little hard this month.  It's been so cold and people have been sick around us.  Henry did have his first reconciliation, which was an adventure but not really what I had in mind when I came up with this resolution.  
7-We had plenty of fun times together this month.  We went to the park and had a picnic in January (crazy) and Henry and Georgia and I have made a couple of trips to get frozen yogurt this month.  Georgia and I made cupcakes together (she mostly ate sprinkles).  It's a loose interpretation of my goal but I'll take it.
8-Well, I got to spend a weekend with my sisters and my Mom, who just happen to be some of my very best friends.  Lucky me. 

So overall I feel pretty good about how I did this month.  We have some fun stuff going on in February.  I'd like to find a way to slow things down a bit.  I wonder if journaling helps with that. Stopping every day to think about the day.  I may need to do that.  
   

No comments: