Monday, February 03, 2014

1/26/14-2/2/14

I've got a lot to catch up on so this is going to be a short one.  We had a busy week.  Henry had open house at school on Thursday.  It's so fun to see him in his school and compare how he feels about it now to how he felt about it even last year.  At his open house last year he walked with us and was shy around his teachers. This year he ran in to the building and we found him 30 minutes later only to lose him again when he spotted a buddy.  I love it.  I want it to feel like his space and I want him to feel like he is a part of something and important.  Good stuff.  On Friday we ordered take out Free State and watched a movie.  On Saturday we cleaned and went to the store and cooked. I made some chili which Georgia actually ate. The girl is finally starting to try new things.  I think she must be growing because she is always talking about being hungry.  And speaking of hungry, last night we went to Grandpa Benda's to watch the super bowl and eat pizza.  Henry ate 4 pieces of pizza, a salad, a packet of apple sauce and 4 cookies.  I can't believe how much that kid can eat.  He has also almost outgrown his size 10 pants and his shoes that he got for Christmas that were at least one size too big for him when we got them. 
It's supposed to snow tonight, 5-8 inches.  I'm ready for Spring.  I have a garden to till and seeds to purchase.  I want to smell grass and rain and lavender.  I am ready for farmers markets and fresh produce.  But I'll suck it up this time... maybe we can at least go sledding.  :) 

1 comment:

Alex said...

Georgi trying the chili makes me think of the Two Bites Club recently mentioned on FB. Did you hear about it?