Monday, September 06, 2010

Weekly Update 9.6.10

Oh man, are we making up the lack of photos last week???? Yes sir we are. Prepare for a feast for your eyes. But I think we'll take it in reverse order because, frankly, I can only remember the weekend.Today we woke up early and Henry played outside for an hour or so while Mama sat on the front porch drinking coffee and loving life. We also snacked on some apple cider donuts that we picked up the day before during our official "First cool day almost Fall tradition" which involves driving 30 minutes to drink fresh apple cider and eat fresh donuts. But now I am jumping ahead. Here we are devouring the donuts this morning. Yes, we were still in our jammies. Henry likes to eat his donuts pirate style. Then we headed over to Gigi and Grandpa's for a barbecue celebrating Susie and Ted's visit. Susie and I attempted to make the super epic rainbow cake. I like to call it the Super Epic Rainbow Flop. Here is what it should have looked like. Here it what it actually looked like. We had a fantastic meal with the family and Henry came home sugar high and having met his yearly requirement for food coloring.
Sunday was a pretty fun day. We slept in, of course, and then hung around the house, cleaning and playing and possibly cooking some food for future use (I may have a stocking the freeze addiction). Then, while we were outside playing with water balloons, we decided that we definitely felt a cool fall breeze which can only mean one thing in our house, time for the First cool breeze, almost Fall tradition which means a trip to Rees Fruit Farm. With the windows down we drove to Topeka and partook of the delightful treat. Evidently Henry likes to drink his apple cider slushes pirate style as well. Arrgh. Next stop, the sunflower field. Henry had a great time finding trails among the rows of sunflowers. On Saturday we went out for an early morning bike ride and then headed over to Gigi and Grandpa's house to say hi to Susie, Ted and Bagel. Henry got to pick the restaurant and then, when we got home Henry had his feet done on the porch. What a life! Look at this kid. It has been a wonderful, long, relaxing weekend. Now it is time to get started on a new week. Susie is in town all week, so Henry will get to spend his mornings with Susie and Bagel and his afternoons back at school. Mama has yet another week of work and school, and Papa has a busy week ahead of him with several meetings for the fundraiser for Henry's school plus playing music and being an all around great guy. Hope your week is wonderful. Now I am going to try to scrub off some of this food coloring. Hugs.

2 comments:

Me In My Tree said...

Thank you so much for your blogs - I had some catching up to do and I was roaring with laughter during a few which resulted in a "are you ok?" from the hubs. When I got to the rainbow cake one I had only scrolled enough to see the top/sample pic and I was thinking "that Laura she is so hard on herself and look at that gorgeous cake"...then I scrolled and giggled. It's still beyond anything that I could do so please don't think that I am making fun...but oh how you made me smile.

The Henry quotes and stories and the sunflower field pics...thanks for having such a sweet life and sharing. :)

Kelly Family Blog said...

Awww...thanks Amy. I'm so glad that you like the blogs and are still reading. And don't worry about laughing at the rainbow cake. We did :)