Friday, July 23, 2010

Weekly update

It has been a hot July in Kansas, my friends. All week the heat index hovered around 105-110F. Right now it is almost impossible for me to get Henry out of the house. But when there is a promise of splashing Mama involved, well, it helps. This week has been super busy, as usual. I had class in KC on Tuesday and Thursday nights so Henry and Wade had fun visiting friends and eating Mexican food. Henry is in summer school too, in the mornings. He comes home every day soaking wet from playing in the sprinkler and with lots of fun and interesting art projects.

Today Henry and I headed up on campus to stick our toes in the fountain for a quick cool-down. Henry knows how to work those fountain sprayers and it wasn't long before we were both soaked.



And afterwords he said, "Now that I put my toes in the fountain, I'm a real jayhawk."

Last weekend Grandpa and Grandma B came to visit to celebrate Grandma's 60th birthday. Grandpa calls Henry "Henry-O" so I've been calling him "Grandpa-O", we'll see if it sticks. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of the three of them together. Henry also got to spend some time with his Aunt Lillie and Uncle John, two of his favorite people.

Tomorrow Aunt Annie arrives and Susie and Ted will be here on Monday. Should be a great weekend. Later Gators.

No comments: