Monday, July 12, 2010

Prayers

One of my favorite parts of the day is bedtime. Henry likes for me to rub his feet and we say prayers. It's usually something like: Hi God, it's Mama and Henry. Thank you for a great day. Please help me to not be scared of monsters or have any bad dreams. Thank you for Lego's. Amen.

But lately he has really been chatty during prayers and it is giving me some wonderful insights into how his day has been. It's hard to be away from my baby all day, and when he does get home and I ask how his day was I usually get "It was good." So, tonight when he said his prayers I just sat back listened:
Hi God. It's Mama and Henry. Or Laurie. Or Laura. Thank you for a great day. Thank you for show and tell. Thank you for playing pretend no pants guys with Utah at school. Thank you for snack. Thank you for Bagel and Gigi. I love Gigi. Thank you for the house we built in the living room. Thank you for cupcakes. Thank you for transformers and Lego's. When you see Santa ask him for some new ones for me. Please make me not be scared of monsters. Amen. Also thank you for chocolate milk. Amen.

No comments: