Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Tuesday: Folly Beach

We had a busy day yesterday. Unfortunately, the batteries for our camera died in the morning so I don't have any pictures of it. Fortunately, my sisters are as crazy about taking pictures as I am so we have plenty of pictures, it will just be a few days before I can post them.


So...
Wade took a surfing lesson yesterday. He got up really quickly and then hurt his back. But he is feeling better today so we are going to go rent some boards. He has been doing a lot of boogie boarding and LOVES it. We actually have several people here who are good at and enjoy boogie boarding but no one can seem to keep up with Aunt Kelly :)


Henry is having a ball on the beach. I am pretty sure that if we lived by a beach we would be at the beach every weekend. He loves playing in the sand, building and destroying sand castles, jumping in the waves, and running along the beach with Annie's dog, Archie. He even loves it in the water which surprised us a little because he generally doesn't like water in his face. We went to the Aquarium yesterday thinking that Henry might enjoy an outing, but he didn't really. He likes interactive things so looking at fish didn't really keep his attention for long. They had a touch area where he got to touch a sea urchin and a crab, which he enjoyed. He liked trying to hear the ocean in the big shells and he liked playing on the shipwreck play gym, but that was about it. Nothing quite compares to where we are staying. You just can't beat the beach :)


Me.... well, I will just put it this way. Right now I am sitting in a rocking chair on a porch overlooking the ocean, drinking a cold beer, listening to the waves, watching my son and husband play out in the sand under a blue umbrella. My feet are in the sun but the rest of my body is in the shade of the second floor balcony. The air is hot but the wind from the ocean is cold so it feels like I am sitting outside on a hot day with my own personal air conditioner. All the people that I love the most in this world are playing on the beach or inside the house talking politics (something my family just can't seem to avoid) and I can hear them laughing through the sliding doors. Honestly, I can't think of any place in the world I would rather be. I think I will sign off and just close my eyes for a while and enjoy the moment. I hope all is well for our blog friends. See you soon.

No comments: