Monday, May 07, 2007

The Parrot

Henry is like a little tape recorder right now. He will repeat your words over and over again and he is constantly mimicking your every move. Last weekend while my sisters where in town, Annie taught him to show his muscles, which is basically means putting his arms up in the typical muscle man pose and squeezing his fists and squishing his face up so tightly that he shakes a little. I have to admit, it is hysterical. And, all the laughing only ensures that we will see it more frequently. It has now become one of his signature moves when he wants to get a laugh.
At lunch on Sunday I gave Henry his sandwich and out of nowhere he winked at me. I would have thought it was just a fluke except when I didn't make a big deal of it he did it over and over again. I said "Papa I think Henry is winking at me right now." Papa came over and sure enough, he winked at him too. It's a funny sort of wink, he leans a little to the side and then he squints (I don't think he has figured out how to do it without the squint yet) and then his right eye starts blinking several times in a row. If he was an adult you would think that a bug just flew into his eye. Totally hilarious! And he knows it to, it just cracks him up. I don't think it will be going away any time soon either because driving home this evening I adjusted my mirror so that I could see Henry and right when we made eye contact he winked at me. I am not sure who taught his this trick but I am thinking it might have been Grandpa. Tonight he was sure encouraging the winking and he was the one responsible for the grunting phase Henry went through a couple of month ago. Everytime someone would walk into the room Henry would greet them with a grunt. Anyway, we got the winking on video tonight, I'll try to figure out a way to post it later this week. -L

1 comment:

Missy Allets said...

I'd love to see a wink ;)

Especially from that kid!