Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring colors

The red buds are blooming! Wade and I have a special place in our hearts for red bud trees because it was the first kind of tree we planted together. We still drive by our old place occasionally to check on it. Thank you to my Aunt Sherry for taking such a beautiful photograph, it was so lovely I just had to share it.
Henry has been pretty interested in all the colors of the season. He is surprisingly gentle with flowers and pats them very lightly, never picks them.
We have been spending a lot of time enjoying the weather at the park. Henry loves South Park so we visit it everyday over the weekend. Last weekend he chased a squirrel for at least 10 minutes. Wade and I were cracking up. He also discovered the simple joy of running barefoot in the grass.
Tonight Henry was having trouble sleeping so I went in to rock him for a while. He snuggled in and wiggled up up up until most of his upper body was draped across my shoulder and chest. He slid one foot into each of my hands and feel asleep. His soft hair was on my cheek and I could smell his baby smells (the non-poopy kind) and had his little tiny feet in my hands. I wished that I could stay in that chair all night. -L

1 comment:

Q said...

Oh my! You really did like the Red Bud photo! I am honored!
They are beautiful trees.
I love this story of feet in hands.
Snuggles and smells of littlehood are etched forever in both of your memories.
Thank you,
for a minute I too was back rocking my babies.
Aunt Sherry