Thursday, January 23, 2014

So, 2014 and stuff

Well, that was a long, awkward silence. I can't believe we are almost a month in to 2014 and I'm already failing at my #3 resolution.  I have come to terms with the fact that I am not a good (reliable, consistent) blogger but I'm not giving up.  In fact, in typical Laurie fashion, I'm going to make it even harder on myself by committing to updating this blog weekly AND attempting to print and file all my photos each week.  Can I do it?  Sure. Will I do it? Probably not, but I like a challenge.
So far 2014 has been busy.  But I guess I need to go back farther than that.  Let's see, when was my last update? AUGUST!  Yikes.  I really am bad at this.  Well, I'm guessing that school went well for Henry in August and September. He probably had a few colds and forgot to have us sign his folder a few times.  I'm sure we ate a lot of frozen yogurt on half price Tuesdays.  I probably complained about being tired and Georgia most certainly put a lot of random items in her mouth.  Wade played some shows and designed some stuff.  The kids dressed up for Halloween and did some serious trick-or-treating. November was NUTTY.  Georgia had her second birthday.  Henry had his 8th birthday and his first friend birthday party.  We traveled to Colorado for Thanksgiving and spent a few days with our dear friends Jason and Mandy and then went to Fort Collins to visit Susie, Ted and Willem.  The drive was an adventure and we learned a little bit about how this family does on the road (not great).  Oh also, in November Georgia got Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease and a stomach bug (also, not great).  In December we spent a lot of time with family and had a wonderful Christmas which was followed directly by more sickness, ear infections, nasty viruses, strep throat and sinus infections. But we bounced back to welcome in the New Year (3 days late and at 9:00 pm) and jumped right in to 2014 with more visitors and a baby/bridal shower for my sisters.  The kids got baptized. We decided to get some chickens this spring. Nearly every appliance in our home broke, including our furnace during, what meteorologists are calling "The Polar Vortex".  I started a new job which is about 90% writing (so I better start sleeping or this may not be good). Whew, and we are only 22 days in.  I have some personal goals this year that I will update you guys on as we go.  I know this is usually a family blog and then I have my own blog for random ranting, but I can't keep up the one, let alone two, so I've decided to throw in random rants every now and then on this blog.
I have photos from the last 4 months that I will try to post in the next few days and then we'll all be caught up and I can get on with the business of becoming the super blogger I was always meant to be.      

No comments: