Saturday, September 08, 2012

9/8/2012

It's been so hard for me to keep up this blog and I'm kicking myself for it because we did such a good job with Henry and now we have books of photos and memories from when he was a baby for him to look back on (or us) and enjoy.  I want to do the same for Georgia, I just wish we had more time in the day.  I had a thought today.  I thought I could just start posting the photos on the blog right after I process them.  Right now I do that on Facebook and I'm sure most of my friends are sick of seeing 100 photos of my kids every day.  Then at least we would have photo updates and when I had time for word updates I could squeeze those in as well.  I'm going to try it.

Tonight I'll just give you a quick family update:
Wade had an interview for an amazing job this week.  Keeping our fingers crossed.
Laurie is the same. Running on coffee and sheer stubbornness.  One day she will sleep again.
Henry is great.  Loving first grade and really starting to get the hang of it.  He is such a gentle and sensitive kid and you can see it in how he interacts with his friends and teachers.  Wade and I went to the cafeteria this week to have lunch with him and it was so loud and crazy and I just couldn't believe that he has to eat there everyday. It explained why he comes home almost everyday with only half his lunch eaten.  His teachers tell me that he is always smiling and that he doing well.  He is reading everything and loves PE.  He started soccer two weeks ago and had his first game today.  He was nervous but once he got the hang of it he took over and scored 3 goals.  He came over to us at half time and said, out of breath, "I feel like a flute.  A flute with no air."  What a great description of how it feels to be winded.   Kids are amazing.
Georgia is a firecracker.  She can say Baba, Ma, ouch, uh-oh, ca (cat),  and hi.  She loves to dance, bite, nurse, play with Henry and eat puffs.  She can clap and waive bye-bye.  She's eating all kinds of baby foods and a few solid foods like peaches and bananas.  She still won't sleep through the night and takes short naps.  She loves being around people and new things.  Today at Henry's soccer game she just sat and watched the game. She up for anything.  She loves to grab Wade's toe and make him yell "Ouch!". She thinks it hilarious.  She's quick to laugh and mimics people all the time.  The other day a friend came over that is a nervous laughter, in other words she laughs all the time, Georgia picked up on it and did her fake laugh every time my friend would look at her.  Her favorite book is "Goodnight Moon".  She will sit on the floor and look at that book for 10 minutes straight, which is a lot for a 9 month old. We are taking Mama and Me Aqua Aerobics.  She loves the water.

So over the next few weeks I'll try to catch up on the photos I haven't posted over the past few months.  Thanks for your patience with us.  :)

1 comment:

Lisa Diane: Photographer Mom said...

I love new posts, but alas--it has always been amazing to me how you can keep up with the blog. Seeing you struggle makes me feel less poopy at my own. I understand your sadness--but think of all the goodness Goergia gets just being with you.

I think you're great parents!!!