Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekly update 9.11.11

Hello people. I need to apologize right up front, I am going on 3 hours of sleep and just worked a 9 1/2 hour day, so there is a strong possibility that this post may be rambling, thank goodness for spell check or you might not be able to read it at all. Last week was great. The weather was perfect, it was box fan in the window kinda weather.
Saturday we headed out to Mass St for the band day parade. I was super excited that I remembered my camera until I realized that Henry was making this face for every photograph. I'm not sure what that's about. The first band was the KU band, they played the fight song and got everyone pumped up. Henry says that the KU band was his favorite because they had a girl in front throwing a baton. It was pretty amazing. Then we headed over to our favorite burger place for some veggie burgers and chili dogs. I had to beg him to make a normal face for this picture. So I guess this is his "appeasing his mother" face. I'm sure I'll see a lot of it in the years to come. And then it was back home for a quick shower to get ready for a wedding in KC. Henry had a good time at the wedding but he refused to go up on the dance floor to dance, he claimed to be too shy. Instead, when the music hit him just right, he would dance on his chair, which caused sort of the opposite response he was looking for as more and more people came over to watch his dance moves. He ate 3 pieces of cake and still managed to fall asleep 20 minutes after we got home. Sunday was a slow day. We went to breakfast our our favorite breakfast place and then Henry headed over to Aunt Kelly's to play for an hour while I went to the store. We brought a very late birthday gift over to Gigi and Grandpa's and visited with them for a while. We blew some bubbles and cleaned the house a little....standard weekend stuff. So here's what's up with the fam:

Henry:
School is going great. Maybe a little too great. When I came to pick him up today he walked over with a smile that I haven't seen before. I quickly found out that Elsa gave him two kisses on his cheek today and that he was feeling VERY romantic. Oh dear. He is walking around the house spelling words and speaking in Spanish and singing silly kid songs that all of us sang in grade school (trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat). He has been making mazes for Wade and I and I have to admit, they are pretty tough.

Wade:
Work has been crazy for Wade so he has been working a TON. That's about all I have to say about it. Nobody likes it when Papa isn't home.

Laura + Baby:
We are doing pretty well. I had my 29 week appointment last week and everything checked out great. The baby's heart rate was 140 and I'm measuring right on track. The doctor gave me the paperwork to register at the hospital which threw me for a loop. Time is just going so fast with this pregnancy. I guess we are almost to week 30, counting down to single digit weeks. The baby is kicking a lot. Big kicks and little tickles. She likes to get going around 3 am and keeps going on and off until my alarm goes off at 5 (hence my lack of sleep last night). But I'm not complaining, I love those little wiggles. Well, maybe not the ones that involve her using my bladder as a trampoline, but all the other ones.

Well, I guess that's all I have for this week. Henry is hanging on my arm asking me every 2 minutes if I am done yet and it's driving me bonkers, plus he keeps wiping his nose on my arm. Little boys are gross (oh great he just read that now he is licking my arm. Seriously.)

Have a great week.

No comments: