Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekly Update 7.17.2011

We have not been up to much this week. It's been too hot to leave the house. Henry has been doing a lot of drawing and dancing and playing with his "guys". We spent much of the weekend sitting at the dining room table, all of us working on our stuff, as Henry would say it. For Henry, that means drawing. For Papa, it's writing music. And for me it's working on a quilt for the baby. I finally got all the squares cut out, now it's time to start sewing.

This is the face that Henry makes when his "guys" are battling. It's the sound of a ray gun shooter. I know that because he just came in the room, read that sentence, and then told me to tell you that it's a ray gun shooter. So there you go. It's supposed to be hot all next week, so I imagine we will be doing much of the same. Henry starts swimming lessons tomorrow, he's a little nervous about putting his head under water but I think he will take to it quickly. He's been reading books for the summer reading program and is picking up on it so fast, it's fun to watch. I can't wait for him to start learning Spanish this fall. Wade and I both need refreshers from college. And speaking of school, we started stocking up on our khaki pants and polo's this week in order to be ready for school. I have to say he looks pretty cute in his uniform. :) We also brought down the 0-3 month baby clothes from the attic, which was fun. We have a lot of gender neutral clothing for her to wear this winter, which is good because I have been stocking up on sundresses and other pink-frilly goodies for next summer.
That's all I have for now. Have a great week. Stay cool.

No comments: