Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekly Update 10.17.10

This is big time folks. Henry is riding his bike without training wheels! Just last week we were talking about giving it a try and he was still feeling pretty nervous. I figured we would go for it next spring. But on Friday, when I pulled up at Henry's school, I saw a tall blond boy ride past the front of the school on a bike with no training wheels. When he rode by again I realized that the boy was my boy. I asked him, "Henry, did you realize you are riding a 2-wheel bike? No training wheels?" "Oh, it's Braden's," he said. Like that made a difference. We went home, called 10 people to share our news and then headed outside to remove the training wheels from his bike. He is so excited about it and I think he actually likes riding more now. Every day this weekend we went for at least 1 bike ride.
Sadly, except for the bike riding and spending some time playing today (Sunday) I haven't gotten to spend much of the weekend with my boys. I worked 10 hours on Saturday and late in the evening on Friday. Today we put a lot of time into picking up the house and we made a long trip to the library. I'm afraid that the next 2 weeks I may be too busy to make a post. Midterms are coming at me rapid fire and I am feeling a little unprepared. I'll try to squeeze something in but it may be like this post: very few photos, a little boring, and short.
Have a great week friends.

No comments: