Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Laying down with Henry

Mama
Yes Henry
My babies are in my tummy tonight, just like when I was a baby in your tummy.
Okay Henry. Everybody needs to go to sleep.
Mama
Yes Henry
One of my babies is kicking and dancing just like I did when I was a baby in your tummy.
Okay baby. Stop playing with your buddies and go to sleep.
Mama
Yes
You make me happy and laugh when you toot in the car and Papa covers his nose with his shirt and opens the windows.
It makes me laugh too Henry. Okay. No more talking.
Mama
Uh-huh
Papa also makes me happy when he dances back and forth by the door while I play my drums.
I know Baby. Go to sleep.
Mama
Yes
What would happen if I took a star from the sky and put it in a box?
What do you think would happen?
I think it would light up the box like a lightbulb.
Me too. Goodnight.
Mama
Why aren’t you sleeping?
Mama
Yes Henry
I am a superstar at my school
Okay. I am going to go in the other room if you don’t lie quietly and sleep.
Mama.
No more talking Henry.
But Mama
Henry, I am serious. It is time to sleep.
But Mama
Yes
I pooped.

1 comment:

Rediscovering ME! said...

I love it! This made me laugh out loud!