Friday, December 12, 2008

Guys

Wade and Henry spend every Friday morning together. At any given time while I am at work I can look at the clock and predict what they are doing. First they sleep in. Wade’s memories of being woken up as a teenager make it difficult for him to wake Henry . Then they lie around in bed together and “wake up slowly”. Finally, when someone’s stomach growls loud enough for the other one to hear it OR Henry says that he is ready for “beckfest” they get up. The go out to breakfast at the same place every week. The wait staff know them and when/if I go in with them on another day they say to me “Oh you’re Henry’s Mom?” Then they take the recycling to the recycling center. Henry loves to help. Then they go to the library. Then they come home and read their library books 3 or 4 times and play until Kelly comes to babysit. I love sitting at my desk imaging my two guys spending the morning together. And I love reading the library books with Henry each night, and him telling me the stories behind them. “We picked dis one Mama because the cat wears shoes. We picked dis one because the choo-choo train goes in the snow.”

Last night we were reading a library book and we were at the page where you have to pick which items Dora needs to give her puppy a bath. Henry quickly pointed out the soap and the towel. “Great job” I said and started to turn the page. “And dis one too Mama.” He points at a book. “If it is a book that goes in the water like my fish book.” “Okay.” I say. “And dis one.” He points to a banana. “If she gets hungry.” “Sure. That would work.” I say. “And dis one” he points at an umbrella “If she is taking a shower”.

1 comment:

Q said...

Henry is so sweet. I love your stories. Being Henry's Mum is the best.
I am so happy to be back visiting.
I missed the little guy and you.
May you have a very Happy Christmas.
Love,
Aunt Sherry