Thursday, November 27, 2008

Learning

Two weeks ago I walked into Henry's room to find him watching Wade rake leaves through his window. He was chuckling to himself and then said "Bapa. I see you bottom." I peaked out the window. Sure enough, it was a classic case of plumbers crack. A couple of days later I asked Henry to pick up his train. "Okay Mama," he said, "but I will do it like Papa." And he yanked down his pants, turned around and starting picking up his toys with his tiny bottom hanging half way out.

Kids have this amazing ability to A) observe the world around them and B) remember every single detail. We are already getting corrected when we read his books that he got for his birthday, 2 days ago- "No Mama it's Brother not Bother." And Henry's ability to remember the beats and harmonies from music that he has only heard once or twice totally amazes me. He is singing songs from albums he has heard once or twice. Lyrics that Wade and I don't even recognize. He seems to be a very musical kid. Several weeks ago he placed all the containers in his room upside down on his tool bench, hooked his shakers and tambourines on to the plastic hooks on the wall, pulled up a bucket for a seat and started drumming on his home-made drum kit.

May
we always have a roof above us, food before us, and love between us.
-Kelly family blessing, 2008

1 comment:

miss.supafly said...

Michael and I just peed our pants watching your little man. I definitely vote fore more videos of him!