Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our big boy

We have been reluctant to move Henry into a toddler bed mainly because the idea of him running around the house when he should be sleeping made us a little nervous. We have several friends who moved their toddlers out of their cribs at 18 months old and now all of them have their toddlers in bed with them from midnight on. Henry is too much of a bed hog to let that happen. But, after sleeping on his mattress on the floor for the past two weeks while on vacation and only getting out of bed once (at least he only got caught once) we decided to give his toddler bed a try. His crib is convertible so we just took the front piece off of the crib and added a support beam along the bottom and we were set. Henry has slept in his "big boy bed" for the past two nights with only one escape attempt. On Tuesday night I laid him down and came back into the back bedroom to talk to Wade. We heard the patter of footsteps in the living room and peaked around the corner to find Henry standing in the middle of the living room with the biggest grin on his face. I think he might have even been giggling. Quiet little giggles of freedom. We all had a little chuckle and then sent him back to bed. He made it both nights without falling out and then this morning I went in to wake him up, I opened the blinds and turned off his fan and moved all the pillows I had lined up around his bed to soften his fall. I had just walked out of his room when I heard a thump and "I am all right" from Henry's room. I put the pillows back down tonight.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Yay! for Henry.

I love the new blog header!

Lisa said...

Oh man, I LOVE the new header (too :))

He's a doll, your big boy! What an exciting event.

Glad to hear you are back safely from your trip. I enjoyed the photos, the stories, and realizations, and miss you all the same.

Hugs to my favorite Kelly's! Congrats to Henry!

Missy Allets said...

I must agree with the previous comments. First thing I noticed when I came here today, "Beautiful header!"

And Henry's such a big kid now, congratulations :)