Friday, December 14, 2007

The stockings were hung by the chimney

I finished Henry's stocking last weekend. I think it turned out pretty good. I did make a few changes (big surprise). Along the top the pattern had big peppermint candies in addition to the candy canes, stars and flowers. I didn't add those but instead just made three extra flowers . It still looks a little cramped, but not nearly as busy as the original design.
It has taken almost two months for me to make this stocking, much longer than I anticipated. There was a lot more bead work and embroidery involved, I think I was expecting everything to be stamped on. In the end the embroidery looks much better than a stamp. Here are some photos of the details.

Henry's favorite part is the candy cane that the snowman holds. He likes to pull it out and hang it on the tree or pretend to give it to Santa.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful! You are such a talented Mama!
Lisa

Q said...

Your Grandma would be so proud of you!
It is lovely and Henry will cherish his stocking forever!
Hugs,
Aunt Sherry

Me In My Tree said...

BEAUTIFUL.

Anonymous said...

That only took you two months?!?! It would have taken me two years! It is absolutely amazing!

Tracy C.

Kelly Family Blog said...

Thank you Miss Lisa and Miss Amy. You guys are so sweet. It was actually pretty easy.

Have you hung your stockings? We should all post photos of our Christmas stockings...that would be fun. :)

Happy holidays, girls.

Laura

Kelly Family Blog said...

Hi Aunt Sherry. I think Grandma every time I create anything with fabric. She was so talented, I only wish I had spent more time learning from her...and Grandpa too. On her birthday I was doing a little unpacking (yes I am still unpacking) and I found a dress she made for me when I was 7 and a tiny version of it that she also made for my cabbage patch doll. Made me smile and cry. It was beautiful, I wish I could do stuff like that.

Happy Christmas! Enjoy Tara and Portland :)

Love-Laurie

Kelly Family Blog said...

Hi Tracy, you're so funny...
This comming from the person who made two AWESOME Halloween costumes for her little boy! I bet you could have thrown that stocking together in nothing flat :)

Laura

Alex said...

I love the stocking. Laura, it's beautiful. And so much love and time given to a gift that Henry will love for a long time. Perhaps even Henry's little boy will love this precious gift.

Thank you for everything you do and Happy Holidays all over y'all from GrammAlee in Gulfport.

Kelly Family Blog said...

Thanks Alex. My Mom made my Christmas stocking and I remember it being one of my favorite parts of Christmas. I hope Henry feels the same way.

Happy Holidays to you also. And thank you for the Christmas carol, it left us full of holiday cheer :)

We love you

Laura