Sunday, December 02, 2007

Be Happy


We put up our Christmas tree today. Henry was curious. He loves Christmas music and has surprised us twice, the first time when he started singing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" on the way home and the second time when he started singing "Jingle Bell Rock" while we decorated the tree. We played with the ornaments, danced, drank Soy Nog, pulled strands of lights around the house....it was great fun!
I finally got around to making a stocking for him (it's only his 3rd Christmas!) which I will post pictures of later, my camera is a little iffy right now. Henry doesn't understand what this stocking business is all about, but he loves his stocking. It is Santa hugging a snowman, perfect for the little boy that loves to give hugs. Tonight he asked to see his "docking" several times. He first removes the candy cane that I have not attached yet and then he says "Hello Santa. Hug?" and he gives the stocking a big hug. Tonight at one point he even told Santa that he loves him. He seems to be getting a better idea of what all this hugging and all the I love you's are all about. He watched the last 10 minutes of How the Grinch Stole Christmas the other night and in the car tonight he told us "Better not touch Grinch, Mama. He too grumpy." A moment later he said "Grinch be nice, needs a hug. Henry hug Grinch. Be happy."

{Sorry the photos are so blurry, I only got in two before the camera died, so this is the best I could do. We have more ornaments to put up so I will try to catch more later. }

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again...the cuteness attacks! Lisa

Missy Allets said...

He's a caring little fella, ain't he?
I'm sending my hugs to him straight from here!

Kelly Family Blog said...

Thanks ladies!

Oh, and Missy Allets- congratulations on your marriage. {yeah I peaked on your blog a little ;) }


-Laura