Sunday, October 28, 2007

Feet in wind

Henry and I walked to the park yesterday afternoon. After some climbing and sliding we decided to do a little swinging. It was a perfect fall day-breezy and sunny and we could hear the leaves moving in the wind. Henry likes to swing next to his playmate and luckily there is usually big swings right next to the baby swings, so I always give him a good few pushes and then run over and hop on the grown-up swings for a minute or two and then run back over once he has slowed down and give him a few good pushes to get him started again. This time after I popped back over from my swing Henry told me "No shoes Mama. Henry shoes off." I took off his shoes and gave him a push. He straightened his legs, leaned his head back and flexed his feet so his toes were spread out as far as tiny toes can go. "Mmmmm, windy" he said. "Mama swing." So, I ran over to my swing but before I could get going he said "No shoes Mama." I kicked my shoes off, straightened my legs and spread out my toes as far as they would go. Henry grinned and nodded his head. "Mmmm wind Mama" he said, "bare feet in wind."

I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Q said...

Oh...I love this post!
I love Henry!
Aunt Sherry, who goes barefoot in the grass.

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable!