Saturday, September 22, 2007

Up and coming....



Every day I discover something new, this is what I discovered today.
*
He really can count. In the bath he started counting his animals-"One, Do, Tree, Four, Five, Tix, Teven, Eight, Nine, Four." Okay, so he gets stuck after 9 and his fall back is 4, but still, pretty impressive for a child that is not yet two.
*
Bapa is hilarious. This is nothing new, but now he laughs and laughs and in between breaths he sighs "Bapa. Oh, Bapa."
*
He introduces himself to almost everyone we see. At the store tonight he told everyone in line "I Henry" and pointed to his chest with both hands.
*
His tactics for getting Mama back into his bedroom at night are getting dirtier and dirtier. Now he not only says "Where are you Mama?" But he also says "I love you Mama." "Please Mama, please." And he has discovered the one that always works "Poopy diapy."
*
He is really into sharing. Today we were eating sunflower seeds and he would not eat his until everyone had some. "Branpa seeds? Gigi seeds? Mama seeds?" Other examples of his generosity--he offers bites of his food, old-already chewed pieces of gum and, this evening he somehow got a hold of his diaper rash ointment, squirted on his fingers, ran over to me, said "Mama's bottom?" and before I could turn around....wiped it all over my jeans.

No comments: