Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Even more

My mom called me to tell me that Henry said a 3 word sentence today. They were playing hide and seek and he couldn't find her. He said "Where Gigi hiding?" We have seen glimpses of this over the past month with three, four or even five words sentences every now and then, but they have always been more observational than conversational. A few weeks ago he saw a cat walking under a tree and said "Meow walking unden tree." But it has been just recently that he seems to be actually talking to us.
Today he told me "Lay down Mama. Go nigh-nigh." I laid on the floor. "Cuse me" he said. I gave Wade a look, "what does that mean?" I asked. "Cuse me" Henry says again. Wade gets it, "I think its excuse me." I roll out of his way and he walks past me. "Tank you" he says. "Blue berry Papa?" He pops a blue berry in his mouth and walks back over to me. "Cuse me Mama." I roll. "Tank you."

Okay, the thank you we understand but excuse me? This is new. Must have been with the Aunts over the weekend or Gigi.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I'm so excited!! Hi, Henry. So glad you're talking. There's a couple of things I wanted to ask you...