Friday, July 27, 2007

I don't mind

Transitioning to no night time bottle so far it hasn’t been too bad. Last night Henry was a little fussy when we put him down so I went in his room for a little rocking and snuggling. I held him on his side with this face about 6 inches from mine. I stroked his hair and patted his bottom and told him to close his eyes “night-night time baby”. His room was dark but I could tell that his eyes were open.

“Ray-ray?”

I propped his little stuffed cat named Ray-ray on my chest.

“Ray-ray blampy?”

He covered Ray-ray with one of his many blankets, rubbed his head and patted his bottom and said “Ray-ray nigh nigh.”

“Yes, Ray-ray and Henry go night-night. Close your eyes.” I whispered.

I closed my eyes. We rocked.

“Nigh-nigh Mama” he whispered. He leaned forward, put his hand on my cheek and gave me a kiss.

I opened my eyes. He was an inch from my nose, smiling.

“Bed?” He asked.

I laid him down in his bed, walked out of the room and decided that there is nothing on the planet like being a Mama and no sweeter little boy.

6 comments:

long time coming said...

:)

what a sweet little boy

VivifyPenelopePie said...

totally different kind of way to be completely in love!!! I envy this, but know the future will hold it. He is fantastic and I enjoy these stories immensely!

Kelly Family Blog said...

No kidding. I had no idea about the kind of love a parent has for their child, it is a magical, life altering experience.
Enjoy where you are at now and then you'll enjoy being a Mama someday...and a great one you will be.

-L

Q said...

Oh, such a sweet bedtime story.
Being a Mamma and Pappa is the greatest joy.
Henry is a darling.
Thank you for this post.
Aunt Sherry

miss.supafly said...

I can't leave a comment on every post that I've missed while I was gone this weekend, so this is one big comment: this post made me tear up, a few of the others made me giggle, and a few of the others made my ovaries hurt.

Kelly Family Blog said...

Sorry about your ovaries honey, I can totally relate.

-L