Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Good eater?

Moving has presented an interesting challenge with Henry. All of the things that we kept in cabinets and drawers or just up out of his reach are now at Henry level, prefect for little hands to explore. The boxes with bathroom items have been Henry’s favorite discovery. And they continue to sit on the floor because we haven’t yet tackled the issue of our small bathroom vs. Mama’s million lotions, bath gels, hair ties, nail polishes, half empty shampoo bottles and other goodies. Henry’s favorite find, the one he keeps coming back to, is deodorant. He has been interested in deodorant since he first watched Papa put it on at our old place. Wade would put it on himself and then put the lid on and pretend to put it on Henry. It is one of the few things he will stand still to do, over and over again. He calls it deodoree. He likes to smell it and then try to taste it. But, his version of smelling is more like blowing his nose on the deodorant and then breathing in and out several times. Last night he was a man obsessed. He kept yelling for the deoderee and then “smelling” it, sticking it in my face to smell as a diversion while he licked his lips for any bits that may have fallen off. One time he stuck the deodorant in my face and told me to smell and he was so forceful that he stuck my nose in the deodorant. When he realized that I had it all over my nose he leaned over and stuck his mouth on my nose. “Ick” I said. He said “mmm….deodoree…” and licked his lips.

P.S. He likes the taste of soap and shampoo also.

No comments: