Monday, May 14, 2007

Chatty

Henry is having trouble falling asleep tonight. My original plan was to get him into bed early tonight because I have a final in 3 days and because Henry isn't sleeping (he is sick, by the way) I have not gotten to study at all for it. I put him down over an hour ago. First he cried a little, I didn't go in. Then he composed himself and started talking (sing-song style, winds up and goes back down) "Mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, nana, nana, naba, baba, baba, baba, baba, baba, dado, dado, dado, deedee, deedee, meno, meno, meno, meno, nono, nono, nono, nono ..." This has been going on for a half an hour. Then it is quiet. Shew, he has talked himself to sleep. Then I hear a police car with his sirens on headed this way. Shoot....

"dee-doo dee-doo dee-doo..."

I went in there. Scoop him up and we rock for a minute. Henry starts talking again so I figure I will beat him to it and I say things like "Papa nigh-nigh, Gigi nigh-nigh, GramAlex nigh-nigh, bun-bun nigh-nigh, Mama nigh-nigh." It seems to be working. He is quiet, laying still, he is on his side with his head under my chin. I was running out of people and words that he knows to go nigh-nigh.. "the car nigh-nigh, your shoes nigh-nigh, the rocks nigh-nigh, the keys nigh-nigh" I stopped and he was still, quiet, asleep? I little hand reaches up into my mouth and he says..

"baba nigh-nigh, dit-do nigh nigh, bee-do nigh nigh..."

---

So I put him back down in bed and he is still going. Right now he is at "meno nigh nigh.." Oh, I just heard a yawn.

I guess as long as he is not crying then it is okay. He will eventually go to sleep. Sure makes it hard to study though.

1 comment:

Alex said...

hummmm..... Has Gigi seen this routine at nap time?