Wednesday, March 07, 2007

His style

This morning I said "Henry, time to go to Gigi's, go get your shoes. Get your dinosaur shoes that go ROAR." His pointer finger pointed up to the sky, as if to say "Got it!", he said "shoes" "rrrr" and was off. He ran through the kitchen and into his bedroom. I sat in the dining room putting on my shoes and could hear him working. After a minute he returned with Papa's boot, gave it to me and ran off again. More working...shoes hitting the floor, a grunt, something that sounded like the kitchen cabinet opening (which I can only guess was a moment of distraction but he quickly got back on track after a "Henry, shoes..." from Mama) And he was back, another one of Papa's shoes, this time a tennis shoe, he gave it to me and ran back into the bedrooms....more working, grunting, a cat clearly annoyed runs out of the kitchen...This went on for a few more minutes and then I decided to head back to get Henry and his shoes. I walked through the kitchen and found Henry standing by the back door, next to a pile of shoes. Apparently, he had pulled out all the shoes in our bedroom and his bedroom and decided on Papa's checkered Vans, rather than his dinosaurs, because he had one on each foot, backwards.

1 comment:

Q said...

Oh, he does have style!
Backward Chechered Vans shows this kid is growing up!
Great story.
Thanks,
Aunt Sherry