Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One funny & one sweet

Henry has a cold. I have been trying to teach him how to blow his nose so that we don't have to use that terrible sucker thing. Well, he's got it, he can blow his nose. Unfortunately, he doesn't understand the need for a tissue. Today he blew his nose on my arm, the sofa and a guitar.

Usually Henry goes to bed around 8 and we just put him down in bed and he falls asleep. Tonight, probably because he isn't feeling very well, he struggled a little putting himself to sleep. When I heard him fuss I went in and picked him up. He does this thing now when he is sleepy, I call it snuggle fish. Right when you pick him up he puts his head on your shoulder and nuzzles into your neck; he puts his arms flat on his sides and straightens out his legs. He doesn't hold on, just relaxes, stretches, trusts that you'll hold him up and falls asleep. It's nice to be that for someone- their soft, safe place. Anyway, so, tonight when I picked him up of course I got the snuggle fish but also, in between his whimpers and whines, he said "elo" "elo" "Mama" "elo". Translation- hello Mama, I'm glad your here. That's the good stuff. -L

2 comments:

Q said...

Such a sweet story. "Hello, glad you are here". Thank you. So often I forget.
I shall remember now.
I too am glad you are here.
Hugs to Henry.
Out of the mouths of babes and the hearts of Moms and Dads.
Aunt Sherry

Missy Allets said...

Oh, that is so sweet! Really.. to be safe in someone's arms, most importantly to be THAT arm to hold him..

Just in case you're wondering, I've been reading from the first post to the latest, in my free time. Just to catch up what I've missed in Henry's growing up :)